Adult Mental Health Resources
It’s important to remember that one of the best places to start is with your family doctor. Sticking with the ‘Starts With Me message’ – As individuals, we’re always the greatest source of our well-being. If we want a better life, it’s up to us to be the driving force of the journey. When we’re willing to do whatever it takes, the resources available are boundless, and there is plenty of help out there for us.
This list is a good place to start, but it’s a small drop in the plethora of resources out there.
- OHIP Covered Psychotherapy – Medical Clinic for Person Centred Psychotherapy Need a referral from your family DR. Wait list is expected. (I waited almost 2 years, but I kept hounding them)
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health www.camh.ca
- Mood Disorders Association of Ontario https://www.mooddisorders.ca/
- Mood Disorders Association of Canada http://www.mooddisorderscanada.ca/
- Mental Health Commission of Canada http://www.mentalhealthcommission.ca/English
- Canadian Mental Health Association www.cmha.ca
- Alanon Family groups http://www.al-anon.org/
- Alcoholics Anonymous http://www.aa.org/
- Schizophrenia Society of Ontario http://www.schizophrenia.on.ca/