Workplace Mental Health
About the Sales P2P Series
This workshop is run by MaRS Growth Programming
Peer to peer-driven learning supported by respected sales leaders, tools, resources and community.
Scaling sales is hard. Many high-growth technology companies lack the playbook, including sales process, tools, and resources to scale. Help is finally here.
The Sales P2P series helps solve these problems providing practical and actionalble insights, resources, tools, and network to grow. We bring together key sales leaders, along with your peers, to help you avoid critical mistakes and build your sales growth machine.
Learn how to:
- Build and enable a sales team in today’s competitive marketplace;
- Implement sales processes, establish targets and manage the funnel;
- Identify new markets, sell internationally and state-to-state;
- Learn from your peers in a Peer to Peer environment
- Identify growth risks and challenges before they become a problem
- Become a strong leader and building teams
Who should attend?
- High-growth technology ventures that are past product-market fit and are part of the MaRS or RIC Centre networks
- High-growth ventures with verified customer segments and scaling challenges that relate to sales
- Those in sales leadership positions (corporate or community) who are actively using sales to scale
Topic: Sales Mental Health
Speakers: Mike Stroh, founder & director, Starts With Me; Jeff Riseley, CEO, Top Gun Sales
Date: Feb 1, 2019, 8-10am
Start With Me and Top Gun Sales have partnered to deliver the first-ever Mental Health workshop for Salespeople and Founders.
It is designed to empower them with the resilience, mental fitness, and self-awareness which increase their capacity to navigate the challenges inherent for people in these positions.
Workplaces with a positive approach to psychological health and safety on average are better able to recruit and retain talented workers, have improved worker engagement, enhanced productivity, are more creative and innovative, and have higher profit levels. (National Standard for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace)
Why it’s important to attend?:
- Research from PricewaterhouseCoopers has shown an average of 230% return on every dollar invested in creating a mentally healthy workplace. This represents a 33% decrease in absenteeism, presenteeism and compensation claims.
- 77% of Canadians o not feel comfortable talking about Mental Health issues at their workplace – Canadian Mental Health Association.
- 62% of ‘extremely stressed’ Canadian workers identified work as their main source of stress – Stats Canada.
Imagine what you could do with a fully functioning sales-team?
- Become Aware – Learn about why sales teams experience roller-coasters of peaks and valleys in performance.
- Strategies to de-stress your organization and sales team to make them more productive.
- Understand why your organization and sales team have trouble talking about mental health.
- What can you do as a Founder, Sales leader and sales rep to improve mental well-being at an individual and team level.
- Exercises to combat rejection, increase self-awareness and improve resilience.
The mental health practices and ideas in this presentation are inspired by mindfulness-based therapeutic programs, emotional intelligence literature, neuroscience research, and concepts from cognitive behavioural therapy. The concepts are translated so that they can be understood by those with or without prior experience with those topics.
Mike Stroh, founder & director, Starts With Me
Mike Stroh is a mental health speaker, educator, and consultant. He founded Starts With Me as a platform to share his message of courage, hope, resilience, and joy. Working with schools, community service providers, hospitals, and businesses. Starts With Me launched the ‘State Of Mind’ Festival to support gaps in education and services along with empowering families and individuals to increase their capacity for well-being.
Mike’s inspiration to improve system services comes from his experience in recovery from addiction and as a family caregiver to his brother who lives with schizophrenia.
Currently Starts With Me provides workplace supervisor training and consulting to Atlantic Packaging Ltd, has consulted on mental health policy, implementation, and training for the City of Toronto Forestry, Parks & Recreation Supervisors and Managers. Starts With Me has delivered many workshops to other medium and large size corporations such as the Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, the YMCA-GTA, Exhibition Place, and the Ontario Public Service Employee Union to name a few.
Starts With Me is also partnered with the Toronto District School Board and the Toronto Catholic District School board to deliver mental health talks, presentations, and workshops.
Jeff Riseley, CEO, Top Gun Sales
With close to 10 years of sales experience, building and leading successful sales teams from the ground up, Jeff founded Top Gun Sales to help companies unlock their full revenue potential through the implementation of stronger sales processes.
Jeff is currently working with several companies at various stages to help them create a stronger sales process by offering a variety of best practice services that include, but are not limited to – Pitch Development & Script Writing, Custom Inbound/Outbound Sales Sequences, Buyer Persona & Buyer Journey Mapping, Sales Playbook Development and Sales Team Training and Hiring.
The frameworks and solutions that Top Gun Sales provides, have been successful in building strong sales foundations that help companies accelerate revenue growth and on-board new sales hires effectively.
Host: Nathan Monk, director, Growth Programming, MaRS
Nathan Monk is a senior growth expert, mentor, and entrepreneur who is passionate about closing the growth marketing skill gap in Canada. He brings nearly 15 years of experience in sales, marketing and brand building, having worked directly with over 1,000 ventures, including Yahoo, Ogilvy & Mather, CBC, Canwest, American Express and GlaxoSmithKline. He was one of the original members of the lean movement in Canada and the founding director of Techstars NEXT. He is also the creator of the Startup Book Club and brought Eric Ries’s Lean Startup Day to Canada.
Most recently, Nathan initiated the first GrowCamp in Canada, a six-day growth programming camp at MaRS that included high-growth ventures, corporate partners and Google Canada. It was the first of its kind in the country and led to the creation of the Growth Marketing Playbook, now available to entrepreneurs.
Nathan is a graduate of the honours business administration program at the Richard Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario.
About MaRS Mastering Growth P2P
Mastering Growth P2P is a monthly series designed for MaRS high-growth ventures and corporate partners that are utilizing the latest marketing technology, tactics and trends to scale. Our Mastering Growth P2P sessions bring together visionary founders and growth thought leaders to educate and transform the way companies go to market and scale. Growth is the new metric for success and we want you to be prepared to deliver it.
MaRS Discovery District
101 College Street
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1L7
OrganizerMaRS Growth Programming
Organizer of Mastering Growth Sales P2P Series
We help ventures grow by providing access to leading growth best practices, thought leaders, tools and resources. Our programs are ‘entrepreneur-driven’, placing the entrepreneur in a challenging environment with peers to learn and grow.
Programs include our Masters of Growth Peer to Peer groups, Monthly Growth Webinars, Growth Office Hours, Marketing and Sales Working Groups, Tech Disruptors and Grow Camp.
For further information reach out to Nathan Monk, Director of Growth Programming at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Always. Be. Growing.